HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNew PictureNew Picture
Previous

Next
New Post
7/15/2010 8:53 PM

To slow lately. Must be the heat. So here's something new to look at. A super rare 1986 Asat with the factory Kahler. This was somebody's work horse for many years. If you had ever heard it you would understand why.

New Post
7/15/2010 9:18 PM

Wow! I've never seen one with a factory Kahler. Still, I believe I can relate to the sweet tonal goodness that those '86 ASATS are so revered for. I'm assuming that yours is maple bodied like mine. I think I have a close relative of yours...

asat1

Where in the world did you find that? - Ed

PS: Enjoy the hell out of her!

New Post
7/16/2010 7:56 AM

I found the Asat in Indianapolis. It is maple as is most of the early Asats. Identical to the Broadcasters with the exception of the painted headstock. Here's a picture of one of my Broadcasters with a factory Kahler. Talk about rare!

I know. I know. I'm working on better pictures

New Post
7/16/2010 12:44 PM

L and Ed,

You guy's have the coolest guitars! There is something so classy about an early Asat or a Broadcaster. Keep the pictures coming and wake this place up!!!!

Keep cool,

y2kc

New Post
7/16/2010 1:15 PM

Love those maple necked ASAT's !

Here's my well worn '86:

....and my '85 Blackie, I love the 25" radius , and the bartolini pickups are pretty cool

but nothing like big MFDs.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralNew PictureNew Picture

Helpful Hints

Helpful hint:  You can get a list of all recent posts using these links.  These are also available on the top forum page but not in the sub group pages.
View latest 6, 12, 24, 48 hours | View unread threads

Minimize

Users Online

Membership Membership:
Latest New User Latest: 4
Past 24 Hours Past 24 Hours: 0
Prev. 24 Hours Prev. 24 Hours: 0
User Count Overall: 146

People Online People Online:
Visitors Visitors: 1
Members Members: 0
Total Total: 1